Chicken pot pie soup is one of the best soups that you can prepare with chicken. You are provided with the freedom to make it taste delicious. The soup is creamy, hearty, and rich. On the other hand, you will find it as an easy task to make the soup at the comfort of your home. The best thing you will fall in love with this recipe is the crust offered with chicken pot pie. Let’s take a look at the steps and see how you will be able to proceed with preparing this at the comfort of your home.
Let’s initially take a look at the ingredients that you need for the preparation of pie crust.
- Two sticks of unsalted, cubed, and cold butter
- ½ cup of ice water
- One teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
You will need the following ingredients for the preparation of soup.
- Two cups of whole milk
- Six cups of chicken broth that is low in sodium
- One cup of all-purpose flour
- Two tablespoons of minced garlic
- Two sticks of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 1 pound of skinless chicken meat
- ½ pound of deli ham
- One cup of pearl onions
- ½ pound of diced carrots
- One large russet potato
- 1 teaspoons of black pepper
- Four teaspoons of kosher salt
Directions to follow
When you have the ingredients, follow these steps.
- You should initially make the crust. This is where you should be taking a food processor. You can pulse sea salt and flour until they mix together well. Then you can place pulse and butter into it until you end up with having butter pieces. Then you can add cold water and keep on pulsing, so that you will end up with getting the dough.
- Now you should add some flour into the surface. You will need to take dough out of your food processor and place that into two different discs, where each has around 5-inches. Then you should wrap them in a plastic wrap. You should also be freezing one of these discs, so that you can use them at a later stage. You can chill the other dough inside a refrigerator. You should be doing that for around 30 minutes.
- You can now pre-heat your oven to a temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the dough inside a parchment paper. Then you can use your rolling pin and create discs, where each disc has around 12-inches. Then you can prick with a fork. You can place the dough along with parchment inside a baking sheet. Then you can bake it until it becomes crisp and gold.
- Once it becomes cold, you can make pieces.
- Now you can take a soup pot and heat butter over a medium heat. You can add flour into it and keep on stirring, so that it creates a foam. Then you can whisk in the broth milk mixture. Add salt and pepper as well.
- Now you can bring up the heat to boiling temperature and further cook until it thickens for around five minutes. Then you can add your vegetables. And simmer for 20 minutes.
- You can now stir in cream and chicken and keep the heat for five more minutes.
You can season with pepper and salt and serve along with your broken pie crust.