This recipe does use sugar alternatives and sugar-free chocolate chips. See the post above for tips and options. Also, all ingredients should be at room temperature to make blending smooth and easy.
- 3 avocados
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar-free dairy-free chocolate chips (like Lily’s Dark)
- 2½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons erythritol sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon stevia-based sugar substitute (not pure stevia)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Mash avocado and place in blender with coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate chips.
- Add the melted chocolate chips to the avocado mixture and continue to blend while scraping down sides of bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar substitutes, vanilla, and salt. Blend and scrape down sides of bowl until all ingredients are well combined and mousse is smooth and creamy. Add additional sugar substitute ¼ teaspoon at a time if sweeter dairy-free mousse is desired.
- Enjoy immediately or cover and let thicken in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.