Summers! With outdoor parties, icy lemonades, vibrant pastel light garments, and cozy weather, they also bring with them fresh cucumbers and what can be greater than a cold cucumber chicken salad on a hot, breezy day. This salad is super easy and can be made within 10 to 15 minutes and is an excellent combo with other heavy metals. You can serve it on pool parties along with other refreshments or adorn your dinner table accompanying fancy dishes. It fits everywhere with everything.
Cucumbers have always been a salads champion, but what makes this cucumber chicken salad an all-time hit is the rotisserie or BBQ chicken. Make sure to give it a try.
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie or BBQ chicken)
- 2 cups diced cucumbers
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup dried flaked almonds
- 1 finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 ½ tsp lime juice
- ½ cup chopped lettuce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Add 2 cups of diced or shredded cooked chicken to a big bowl. You can use store-bought BBQ chicken, rotisserie chicken, or any leftover chicken that you have. Many supermarkets have a range of cooked chicken.
- In case you have uncooked chicken breasts, marinate them with the mixture of salt, black pepper, cumin powder, garlic powder, chili powder for at least 4 hours and then fry the chicken with 2-3 tbsp of oil. It is how you can prepare the cooked chicken at home. I advise you to prepare the chicken one day before making the salad if you are cooking at home to save time for preparation.
- Add 2 cups of diced cucumbers to the bowl and mix them with chicken. Cucumbers give a refreshing taste.
- Add 1 finely chopped green bell pepper to the mix with ½ cup of chopped lettuce. You can increase or reduce the number of greens as per your taste.
- Now, to give a nutty flavor, add ½ cup of cashews and ½ cup of flaked almonds to the cucumber chicken salad. Flaked almonds are just boiled almonds devoid of their brown skin. You can skip this step, but I suggest you don’t because it gives a great taste to the salad and balances off the flavor.
- Once added, all the main components of cucumber chicken salad: chicken, cucumber, and nuts, add 1 ½ tsp of lime juice. It gives a slightly sour taste, which compliments the cucumber. You can replace the lime juice with white vinegar.
- Add 2 tsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of kosher salt, and 1 tsp of finely ground black pepper to the salad.
- Lastly, when all the salad is seasoned, add 1 cup of mayonnaise to it. You can also make your mayonnaise at home according to your taste if you run out of mayonnaise. Your cucumber chicken salad is ready to serve. You can do it either way: hot or cold. It is delicious both ways.