2 (6-ounce) firm white fish fillets such as Pacific halibut, Pacific rockfish or Pacific cod
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup diced zucchini and yellow summer squash, 1/4-inch cubes
1/4 cup pitted olives, halved
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup drained canned diced tomatoes
4 tablespoons chicken stock, fish stock or dry white wine
4 thin orange slices
2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut two 16-inch squares of cooking parchment paper or use foil.
- Lay both squares of parchment out onto your workbench. Season both sides of the fish with cinnamon, salt and pepper, and then place one fillet onto the middle of each parchment square.
- Divide the olives, zucchini and yellow squash, tomatoes and olive oil between fillets, mounding them on top of the fish. Season with another pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper then pour two tablespoons of liquid (stock or wine) over each fillet. Top with orange slices and thyme.
- To make packets, roll and crimp opposite sides of parchment paper together over fish and vegetables, then roll and crimp ends to prevent steam from escaping.
- Place packets onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness of fillets. To check for doneness, carefully open one end of a packet. Transfer packets to plates for serving.