- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a large liquid measuring cup or batter bowl with a spout, whisk together milk, egg, water and vanilla.
- Add sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, and whisk until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium, deep-sided pan or pot, heat 1″ of oil to 375°F over medium-high heat. When you put the end of a wooden spoon in the pot and bubbles form around the spoon, it’s ready. Reduce heat to medium.
- Drizzle batter from cup in a thin line, swirling around the pan and overlapping as desired. Cook for 2 minutes or until light golden brown, then flip and cook another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and serve. Repeat one more time with the remaining batter.