2 cups of old-fashioned oatmeal (also known as rolled oats)
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1/2 cup of slivered almonds
1/2 cup of sesame seeds
1/2 cup of wheat germ
1/2 cup of shredded coconut meat
3/4 cup of canola oil
3/4 cup of honey
1/2 cup of raisins
1/2 cup of dried currants
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray baking sheet heavily with pan spray.
3. Heat the oil and honey until warm.
4. Combine and mix the first six ingredients: oatmeal, chopped walnuts, slivered almonds, sesame seeds, wheat germ, and shredded coconut meat.
5. Evenly spread out the mixture on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until golden brown. If you see that the top layer hasn’t caramelized after five minutes, don’t be afraid to keep the oatmeal in longer.
7. Remove from oven and, while still warm, break the oatmeal up.
8. Add raisins and currants when the granola has cooled.