This quick and flavorful bread salad always gets rave reviews from my friends and family. This panzanella-style dish is a timesaver during the holidays, as it can be made ahead. — Angela Spengler, Niceville, Florida
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) ciabatta bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 10 cups)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bread cubes in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix oil, garlic and pepper; drizzle 3 tablespoons over bread and toss to coat. Reserve remaining oil mixture. Spread in a single layer on two 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake 12-18 minutes or until crisp and light brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar and salt into reserved oil mixture. Add tomatoes, olives and herbs; toss to coat.
- Cool bread cubes slightly. Add to tomato mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately.