- 4 live lobsters
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 to 4 very ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup fish stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. ghee, melted
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Allow the lobsters to sit in the freezer for at least an hour prior to preparing the dish.
- Blanch the tomatoes by placing them in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove from pot and immediately place in cold water. Peel away the skin and remove the tomato core. Roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Remove the lobster heads and claws. Discard the head.
- In a dutch oven over medium heat, cook the lobster (claws and tails) in the olive oil. Cook until the lobster turns pink. Cooking time depends on the size of each lobster.
- Remove lobster and allow to cool. Remove all the meat from the claws and discard the shells.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the dutch oven until onions turn golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and celery; cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, wine, and season to taste; cook until the sauce comes to a boil, adjusting heat to medium-high if needed.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and allow the sauce to cook until it thickens.
- Add lobster and claws to the pot and cook about 10 minutes, stirring the sauce occasionally.
- Finish with ghee and parsley over lobster and sauce.
- Divide tomato sauce between plates and serve with a lobster tail on top.