What You Need:
- 1 pkg. (225 g) Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. Magic Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate as directed on package; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in sour cream, milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour 1 cup batter into small bowl; stir in melted chocolate and cocoa powder.
- Pour half of the remaining plain batter into greased and floured 3-L fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan. Drop tablespoonfuls of chocolate batter over batter in pan; cover with remaining plain batter. Swirl batters gently with knife.
- Bake 50 to 55 min. or until toothpick inserted near centre comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 10 min. Loosen cake from sides of pan with knife. Invert onto wire rack; gently remove pan. Cool cake completely.
- Chop remaining semi-sweet chocolate finely; place in medium heatproof bowl. Bring cream just to simmer in saucepan on medium heat; pour over chopped chocolate. Let stand 2 min.; stir just until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Drizzle over cake.