Margarita cupcakes are a delicious treat you can prepare and enjoy at the comfort of your home. If you are trying to make these cupcakes, you should think about making them boozy in the sweetest way. Along with that, you will be able to impress the taste buds of anyone who enjoys them.
You will need to prepare the margarita cupcakes and frosting separately. Here are the ingredients that you need to purchase for them.
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of softened butter
- Half a cup of milk
- One teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- Three tablespoons of cornstarch
- Two cups of all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Juices of three limes
- Three eggs
For the frosting, you should be purchasing the following ingredients.
- Five cups of powdered sugar
- One cup of softened butter
- ¼ cups of tequila
- ¼ cups of fresh lime juice
- Small lime wedges
- Lime zest for garnishing
- Coarse salt for garnishing
Directions to follow:
We will first take a look at the directions that you should be following when you want to make the cupcakes.
- You should initially preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees. Then you will need to take two muffin tins along with 18 cupcake liners.
- You can take a large bowl and beat butter and sugar with hands. Then you can add eggs into them. Make sure that you are adding one egg at a time. You can also add vanilla, zest and lime juice.
- Now you should take another bowl, where you should whisk together cornstarch, four, salt and baking powder. You should then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and continue with beating.
- Add milk and make sure you mix them until they become fluffy.
- Now you can add the rest of the ingredients and combine them.
- The mixture should be used to fill in the cupcake liners. Make sure that you are filling up to around ¾ of the cupcake liners.
- Now you need to bake them in the oven until they become golden color. You can also insert a toothpick to the center of each cupcake. Baking for 25 minutes would be more than enough.
Now let’s take a look at the steps you should be following to make the frosting
- You should take a large bowl and take a hand mixer to beat butter. You should also add lime juice, half of your sugar and tequila. You should then add the remaining sugar and beat until it becomes smooth.
- You can now pipe frosting into the cupcakes. Make sure that the cupcakes are cooled before you do it. Then you can garnish with lime zest, coarse salt and lime wedges.
You will love these cupcakes!