- 4 ounces bow tie (farfalle), linguini, or spaghetti pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- Pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
1 Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt (1 1/2 teaspoons for every quart of water), return to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until cooked through, but still firm (al dente).
2 Cook the onions and chili pepper flakes: While the water is coming to a boil and the pasta is cooking, prepare the rest of the recipe. In a large, wide sauté pan, heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Add the chopped onion and chili pepper flakes and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes or so.
3 Mix in the canned tuna, the capers, and the salt. Add the wine, bring to a simmer then lower the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or longer, while the pasta is cooking. If the mixture begins to dry out, add a little more wine.
4 Add the drained pasta to the tuna mixture: When the pasta is ready, drain it and add it in to the pan with the tuna. Toss to mix.
Drizzle on a bit more olive oil over it all, then add the chopped parsley and a few grinds of black pepper to taste.