Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies is a perfect dish that you can prepare for parties and celebrations at home. It offers broccoli, sweet potato, sausage, and bell peppers, which are seasoned with Italian seasoning, garlic, and olive oil. All these ingredients will be roasted to deliver perfect results. This is a popular low-carb meal available for anyone to prepare. On top of that, you can think about calling it as an excellent example for a healthy meal. The entire meal will be packed with flavor and health benefits. Due to the same reason, we can highly recommend this to all the people who are struggling hard to lose weight and keep up with their weight loss goals.
Ingredients needed for the preparation of Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies
If you have made the decision to prepare Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies, make sure that you get ready with all these ingredients. These are all the ingredients that you will need for the preparation of Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies and you will be able to source all these from your local supermarket.
- Three cups of chicken sausage – If you want to make this dish tastier, you are encouraged to get smoked turkey instead of chicken sausage. Around 15 ounces of smoked turkey will be enough to proceed with the recipe.
- Two cups of broccoli florets
- Two cups of sweet potato
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Two cloves of minced garlic
- One cup of bell pepper – You have all the freedom to get bell peppers in any color as per your preferences.
- One tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- Half tablespoon of salt
- Half teaspoon of black pepper
Once you are ready with ingredients, follow these steps to prepare Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies.
Directions to follow:
- You should initially get near the oven and pre-heat that to a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then you should slice the sausage you have. Make sure that you are slicing sausage to prepare 1” rounds. Then you can dice your sweet potatoes to small cubes, where each cube is around ½ inches in size.
- Now you will need to take a large baking sheet and add vegetables, sausage, and minced garlic into it. You should sprinkle with Italian spices and drizzle with olive oil. You have the chance to use your favorite spices. You should never forget to season with salt and pepper.
- You should next toss all the vegetables and sausage mix with your hands. Make sure that all the ingredients are fully coated and combined with spices and olive oil before you move to the next stage.
- In the next stage, you can bake this for a duration of around 20 minutes. You will need to flip it halfway.
After baking Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies, you can enjoy along with quinoa, rice or sandwiches and experience all health benefits that come on your way.