Shrimp Fettuccine is a great Italian American recipe, which you can easily prepare at the comfort of home. Any person who doesn’t have lots of cooking experiences will be able to proceed with making this recipe. You will also be able to customize this recipe according to your needs, so that you will be able to receive the best returns that come with it. While keeping that in mind, let’s take a quick look at how to prepare Shrimp Fettuccine.
First part of the recipe would be to take a look at all the ingredients you need. Here is a list of ingredients that you need for the preparation of Shrimp Fettuccine.
- 1 ½ cups of freshly grated cheese
- Two pinches of nutmeg
- Two cups of heavy cream
- One stick of unsalted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ pounds of large shrimp
- Olive oil
- 12 ounces of fettuccine
- Kosher salt
Steps to follow
You can follow these steps and you will be able to prepare Shrimp Fettuccine with ease. Make sure that you adhere to these steps and preparing Shrimp Fettuccine will never be something difficult.
- You should initially take a large pot of water and boil that. Along with that, you will need to add salt into the pot generously as well. In the meantime, you can add pasta and boil as per the directions you can see on the package.
- In the meantime, you will be able to take shrimp and arrange them on a pan as a single layer. You should then pat them dry with a paper towel. You can season with pepper and salt as well.
- Next, you can take a large skillet and heat that over medium heat. In the meantime, you can add a couple of teaspoons containing butter. When the butter is melting, you will need to increase the temperature. Then you will be able to invert the shrimp plate you have, so that you can make sure all the shrimp are falling into the pan at once. You can toss and cook for around 4 minutes and transfer shrimp to the bowl.
- Now reduce the heat to a medium level and then add remaining teaspoons of butter. You can also think about scraping the bottom of the skillet you have to get all the browned bits. Then you will be able to whisk in nutmeg and cream to a simmer. You can cook for a couple of minutes while keeping the heat level low.
- Now you can whisk cheese you have into the sauce. Along with that, you can also add shrimp as well as prepared pasta. You can toss them well to combine.
You will be able to season Shrimp Fettuccine with pepper and salt. Then you should take heated bowls ad serve it hot.