- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup M&M candies
- Preheat the oven to 325, and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Microwave for 30 seconds on HIGH.
- Stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds on HIGH.
- Stir the mixture very well, and then add the salt and vanilla. Stir for 1 minute to cool the mixture.
- Next, add in the egg, and stir until its incorporated.
- Finally, add the flour, and stir for 50 strokes!
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle the M&Ms on top.
- Bake for 23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with fudge crumbs clinging to it. The surface of the brownies is shiny when done and starting to crack.
- Let cool completely in the pan, and then lift out using the parchment paper.
- Slice in half and serve.