- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stick finely chopped
- 2 small leeks finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash chopped
- 1-2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups mixed green vegetables (I used broccoli, zucchini and green beans)
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- fresh parsley to serve
- Parmesan/Vegetarian Parmesan to serve
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large pot and add the onion, carrot, celery and leeks along with the garlic and herbs and cook until fragrant and starting to caramelize.
- Add the peppers, butternut squash and mushrooms and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the vegetable start to soften and caramelize.
- Add the green vegetables and stir to combine before adding the crushed tomatoes and stock. Season to taste then bring to a simmer.
- Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, check seasoning and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and Parmesan/vegetarian Parmesan.