4g powdered kanten agar agar
1 egg white
How To Prepare:
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stalks. Then mash 3 strawberries with a fork and slice the rest thinly for decoration. Set the sliced strawberries aside for later.
- Mix the water and gelatine in a medium-sized sauce pan and bring to the boil on medium heat. When it starts to boil, turn the heat to low, and stir until the gelatine fully dissolves.
- Add the mashed strawberries and sugar into the saucepan, and stir well. Turn off the heat and allow to cool down until room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff peaks form and gradually add the gelatine mixture to the egg whites.
- Line a container with parchment paper and arrange the sliced strawberries on the bottom. Then pour the mixture onto the strawberries and allow to cool in the refrigerator until firm.
- When ready to serve, take the dessert out of the container and flip over so the strawberry slices are on top. Slice into 2-3 portions. Enjoy as a light dessert or an alternative to marshmallows.