Firecracker Shrimp is a great way to wow the taste buds of you and your guests.
It is simple to make and it does not take a lot of time for preparation and
1 – 2 pound bag 31/40 count tail on shrimp, peeled
¼ cup Fire Cracker Seasoning
¼ bundle cilantro finely chopped
½ cup H.T. Traders Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 juiced lime
4 Tbsp. paprika
2 Tbsp. granulated garlic
1 Tbsp. curry powder
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. red pepper
1 tsp. ground white pepper
1 tsp. chipotle ground pepper
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. kosher salt
Medium size mixing bowl
Large bottom skillet
Large zip lock bag
Medium sauté pan
1. In a medium size mixing bowl combine all of the spices. With your hand mix the spices together.
2. Place a medium sauté’ dry pan over medium heat and add the spice mix. Roast the spices for about 1 minute over the medium heat. Make sure to move the pan around several times while the spices are roasting. This help to increase the intensity of the spices and it helps to also blend the spices together. During this process the oil from the spices will start to come out, this will allow you to smell the combination of flavors.
Quick tip: Even though it may be tempting, do not smell or deeply inhale the roasting seasoning. This could cause one to have a sneezing spell.
1. Now it is time to prepare the shrimp. If your shrimp was stored in your freezer, remove your EZ peel shrimp so that it can thaw. To speed up the thawing process, run the shrimp under cold water. Once the shrimp has thawed, pat the shrimp dry. The shrimp may not be completely dry but just try to remove any excessive water.
2. Now that your spices have been roasted and your shrimp has been thawed and patted dry it is now time to combine the two. In a zip lock bag add half of the roasted seasoning mix and the thawed shrimp. To prevent any accidents from occurring, make sure that the zip lock bag is securely locked. You do not want to waste any ingredients by spilling them out onto the counter or floor. Toss the combined ingredients to evenly coat the shrimp. Once the shrimp have been coated evenly, place the zip lock bag of combined ingredients into the refrigerator. Let chill for about one hour.
3. After the hour has passed it’s time to cook. Take a large heavy bottom skillet and place over high heat. Add oil to the bottom of the skillet to make preparation for the coated shrimp. Once oil has covered the bottom of the pan spread the shrimp evenly across the bottom of the pan. Be sure not to over crowd the shrimp as this can prevent the shrimp from cooking evenly. Let the shrimp cook for about 20 to 30 seconds without moving them. Quickly stir the shrimp and add half of the remaining Fire Cracker seasoning.
4. Let shrimp cook over high heat for about 20-30 seconds, and then stir them. Repeat this step about two more times, and then turn the heat off from under the skillet.
5. Add cilantro and lime juice then cover with a lid for about two to three minutes. If you do not have a lid for the skillet, you can use foil instead.
6. Remove the foil or cover and now you are ready to enjoy your Fanfare Firecracker Shrimp. This dish can be served hot or cold depending on your preference.
7. You can add extra flavor to you Fanfare Firecracker Shrimp by making a dipping sauce.
¼ total Fire Cracker Seasoning
1 Cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
Once you have collected all of the ingredients simply combine them in a mixing bowl. Now you have a delicious treat and dipping sauce for added taste.
This recipe is great for a dinner party or just a gathering of friend. It makes about 8 servings and will sure to satisfy your and your guests.