- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour, I used white whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, I highly prefer the “super dark” variety
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, plus a little extra for greasing
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, (I used Enjoy Life mini chips, see note above)
1-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 8X8 or 9X9 square baking dish with a little melted butter (a pastry brush makes this job super easy).
2-In a large mixing bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Make a well (hole) in the center and drop in the butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix together thoroughly and then fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula. (See I told you this would be quick and easy!)
3-Add the brownie batter to the baking dish and use the spatula to flatten out the top into one even layer. Bake for about 30 minutes and let cool before slicing into squares (if you can control yourself enough to wait – ha)!