- 2 Sizzlefish Lobster Tails
- 2 lb Cauliflower
- 1 Large Shallot
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 -2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- White Pepper to taste
- 2 – 3 cups Vegetable or Seafood Stock
- 3 TBSP Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 2 TBSP Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into large pieces. Slice the shallots into half and then thirds. Peel and crush the garlic, but keep in whole pieces.
- Place the chopped vegetables on the lined sheet pan. Drizzle them with olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetable mixture for 30 minutes. Stir and then roast for an additional 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is crisp-tender (a knife will go into them easily but with a little bit of resistance).
- At this point, you should heat a medium pot with water and bring it to a boil. Heavily salt the water. Reduce the water to a soft boil (not a rolling boil). Place the lobster tails in the water. Cook until the tails turn bright red and the meat turns white. This will take about 1 minute per ounce. Once cooked, remove from the water and allow it to cool enough for you to be able to handle them to remove the meat.
- Once cool enough, carefully remove the meat from the lobster tails and roughly chop into large chunks.
- Once the vegetables are cooked through, remove the vegetables from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Next place the cooked vegetables in a high-speed blender. Pour 1 cup of the stock into the blender and blend on high speed. Add another cup of stock if needed to reach a thick soup consistency.
- Once blended well, put the soup into a medium pot. Heat the soup mixture on medium heat. At this point, reserve 1 cup of the mixture to the side for garnish.
- To the soup pot, add the tomato paste, seasoned salt, and butter. Allow the mixture to heat up. You want to taste to see if you need more salt and pepper; season as needed to suit your taste. Add more stock if needed to achieve a silky smooth soup consistency.
- Place the soup in the bowls. Add a dollop of the white soup mixture to the top of the soup and swirl with a toothpick. Place the chunks of lobster meat on top, garnish with microgreens and serve with some fresh crusty bread.