- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and move the oven rack to the middle of the oven if not already there.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs along with the milk and lemon zest. Add the flour and gently whisk until just combined. The batter doesn’t have to be completely smooth but make sure there aren’t big clumps of flour.
- In a medium (10-inch) cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter, swirling the pan occasionally, until the butter is very hot and foamy. Immediately pour the batter into the skillet then put the skillet in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are billowy and brown and the center has puffed up. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the Dutch baby with confectioners’ sugar and return it to the oven for another 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle lemon juice over the top, top with blueberries, and sprinkle more confectioners’ sugar on top, if desired.
- Serve immediately.